We Know Sports & Recreation
Unlike agencies with a passing familiarity of recreation, we have more than 30 years of experience working with companies who specialize in muscle-powered sports like skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, in-line skating, scuba diving, water skiing/wakeboarding, climbing, and biking. We understand the unique liability concerns our clients face. This deep expertise allows us to offer a dedicated, comprehensive program that’s unrivaled in the industry.
Propel offers a program unique in the recreation industry, combining specialized risk management with specialized claims handling abilities.
Specialized risk management consultation services includes:
- Review of consumer product literature. This area has great significance considering the amount of litigation in the recreation industry which is based upon a ‘failure to warn’ theory of liability.
- Review of consumer assumption of risk and release of liability agreements.
- Review of indemnification and insurance language forming part of a supply or subcontract agreement.
- Compliance with U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reporting requirements and related issues.
- General assistance in risk analysis and establishing procedures for risk transfer and risk avoidance, including issues unique to representing or dealing with manufacturers in Europe, Asia and other countries.
Specialized claims handling abilities include:
- Claims adjusting, litigation management and consultation services on individual claims.
- Preparation of client loss run reports. The loss report provides current details on all claims activity.
- Acting as your advocate and liaison to the carrier and providing claim notification as required by terms of the Self-Insured Retention (SIR) endorsement to the liability policy.
- Consultation on the selection of defense attorneys. Our program includes a national network of defense attorneys who have specific experience with recreational product cases.
To stay abreast of changes and trends that may affect our clients, we’re an active member of the following organizations:
- Snow Sports Industry Association (SIA)
- National Bicycle Dealers Association (NBDA)
- Outdoor Industry Association (OIA)